SDWG Units Receive Cadet Program Award
National Headquarters has announced that five South Dakota Wing units are receiving the Quality Cadet Squadron Award for 2022.
“This is the best showing we have had in many years,” said Lt. Col. Linda Buechler, CAP’s director of cadets for South Dakota Wing.
The recipients are:
- SD-007 - Lincoln County Composite Squadron
- SD-031 - Rushmore Composite Squadron
- SD-050 - Sioux Falls Composite Squadron
- SD-058 - Big Sioux Composite Squadron
- SD-063 - Lookout Mountain Composite Squadron
Each unit’s award comes with a certificate and a flag/guidon streamer. Award winners are determined by CAP National Headquarters based on their performance from 31 August 2021 through 31 August 2022. The award criteria are entirely objective. Units with a minimum of 10 cadets that meet at least 6 of the 10 criteria listed below on 31 August 2022 earn the award.
- *Enrollment: Unit has at least 25 cadets listed on its roster
- Onboarding: 70% of all new cadets from 31 August 2021 earned Achievement 1 in 8 weeks
- Cadet Achievement: 45% of cadets on roster have attained the Wright Brothers Award
- Orientation Flights: 70% of cadets on roster have first flight credit
- *Encampment: 50% of cadets on roster have graduated encampment
- Emergency Services: 60% of cadets on roster have GES certification
- *Outside Activities: Unit participated in a Red Ribbon Leadership Academy, AE ACE+ Adopt Program, or a STEM competition listed here: CyberPatriot, StellarXplorers, The American Rocketry Challenge, UAS4STEM, High Altitude Balloon Challenge
- Aerospace: Unit has submitted a Aerospace Excellence Award (AEX) Completion Report or sent in an AAR after ordering a STEM Kit during this award cycle
- TLC Graduates: Unit has at least 3 current Training Leaders of Cadets graduates on its roster
- Specialty Track: Unit has at least 2 Senior Members with a Cadet Programs Specialty Track rating
* new or adjusted for this coming year, 2023