DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The SDWG is looking for a Director of Development. This is a new position that will:
- Assist the wing and squadrons with fundraising activities;
- About half of the time will be spent on raising funds through various means and in-kind donations for the wing and the other half will be spent assisting squadrons with their fundraising efforts.
Prior fundraising experience, marketing, or grant writing experience is preferred but not necessary. Expect to spend at least 5-10 hours a week on tasks related to the position, sometimes more depending on projects and activities.
This position reports to the SDWG Chief of Staff--Outreach. Please send an email to Lt Col Todd Epp, Chief of Staff--Outreach noting your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit. All SDWG senior members in good standing regardless of rank or location are encouraged to apply.
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS
The SDWG is looking for a Director of Public Affairs. This is one of the most public-facing positions in the wing. Duties include:
- As appropriate, being the voice and face of the wing to the public and the media; assisting the media with inquiries;
- Producing or overseeing the production of the thrice-yearly "South Dakota Wing Roundup" magazine and the monthly "The Skychaser" electronic newsletter;
- Writing or overseeing the drafting of the yearly wing marketing and communications plans;
- Training or assisting in the training of assistant directors of public affairs and squadron public affairs officers;
- Conduct or oversee the wing's social media assets;
- Assist with planning fundraising and other events.
Expect to spend five to 15 hours a week on your duties, sometimes more depending upon projects and publication deadlines. Experience in journalism, broadcasting, marketing, advertising, or social media is preferred but not required. Also, having a Public Information Officer Emergency Services qualification is preferred but not required.
This position reports to the SDWG Chief of Staff--Outreach. Please send an email to Lt Col Todd Epp, Chief of Staff--Outreach, noting your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit. All SDWG senior members in good standing regardless of rank or location are encouraged to apply.